Sunday, February 12, 2012

Turtle Cheesecake

As I may have mentioned before, one of my bridal showers was baking-themed.  One of the really neat things that was incorporated into it, was the use of recipe cards as part of the RSVPs.  The result is that I have some 40-50 recipes from a large variety of people.

One of the recipes was for a Turtle Cheesecake.  I was skeptical at first because it calls for pecans or walnuts to be mixed into the cheese cake batter, but I would make this again in a heart beat!  The crust was crush Oreos, I used pecans as my nut of choice, marbled with caramel, and added more caramel to top after it was baked.  It was delicious! The nuts added such a nice texture an otherwise standard cheesecake.

It was one of the best-received baked goods I had ever brought to share at work (when I worked the grade school a few months ago).  It was gone well before lunch.

Over the next year or so, I plan to explore the recipes I received from my shower.  Where I can get the go-ahead, I plan to post the recipe and who it was by, so be on the look out!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment