Sunday, February 12, 2012

Clover buns

This recipe was a variation of a plain white bread recipe I've made many times.  Instead of a loaf pan, I used muffin tins and placed three small balls of dough in each well. 

I made these to go with a pot roast, so I wanted them more savory than sweet.  I cut the sugar in half, brushed the tops with olive oil, and sprinkled with sea salt. 

These were amazing warm- I could stop eating them.  I really hadn't thought to put salt on bread before, but it really ended up adding something great. 

They pulled apart nicely at the "seams", which made them very easy to butter and enjoy.  The next time someone asks me to bring dinner rolls or buns, I am going to make these instead of the sandwich style buns I've made in the past.  There really wasn't anything I would have changed about these.

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment