Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

Occasionally I do try to go beyond just traditional "baking".  I make this chicken pot pie frequently.  It's relatively quick, easy, and absolutely delicious.  This is one of my favorite meals and I love having left overs!

I use this recipe as a base and then add whatever I have around the kitchen as far as extra veggies go. I always add a potato or two and usually corn as well.  I use a crust recipe from Simply Recipes and add garlic and onion salt to the mix (otherwise the crust ends up pretty bland).  One tip with the crust is to make sure the filling has cooled before putting on the top crust, otherwise the crust melts and disintegrates leaving holes.

I have also substituted cream of chicken soup for the chicken broth when that's what I happen to have on hand.  I think both ways work just fine, but you do need to thin down the cream of chicken soup if that's what you end up using.

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment