Thursday, June 23, 2011

Basic Cinnamon Rolls

I've been making this cinnamon bun recipe for a few years now and I haven't really felt the need to tweak much.  The only real change I routinely make is adding a dash of nutmeg and cloves to the cinnamon-sugar mix.
The first time I made the recipe, I sincerely thought it was not going to work.  During the entire rising process (the initial dough rising, letting them rise in the pan, and then letting them rise after leaving the fridge), the dough didn't really change much.  However, they easily doubled their size during baking. Other than that, I always keep an eye on them during baking.  I don't know if it's my oven or not, but the baking time isn't as long as the suggested time.

I've used a different icing each time, depending on what I have on hand, but my favorite has simply been cream cheese, a little cream, and powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment