Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I scream just for fun.

For awhile my fiancee and I were on an ice cream kick.  We made ice cream every week- first in a mason jar and a coffee can and then with a hand-crank machine.  This was our first attempt, and although we made improvements as we went along, the first time did result in a creamy vanilla plenty satisfying for the two of us.






This really has no purpose in this blog other than to show that I'll try just about anything and remind me that I always have fun doing it.  We made this batch in a small mason jar which we placed in a coffee can surrounded by ice and pushed between us for 45 minutes.  The only comments I would add for anyone who ever feels the urge to attempt this method is to avoid licking your fingers after stirring the ice cream (which I did periodically throughout the process) because the salt from the jar mixed with the ice cream is incredibly unpleasant.

-Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment