Thursday, January 31, 2013

Reese's Cupcakes

A loooong time ago I saw a package of the new "minis" Reese's peanut butter cups on sale.  I immediately thought of their uses in baking and bought a few packages with no particular plan in mind.

About two months later I came across a recipe for peanut butter buttercream (scroll to the bottom), along with a chocolate cake recipe, and thought this would be an opportunity to use them.  After scanning the cake recipe I decided it looked like too much work, so I used my old stand by recipe instead. 

 I used foil cupcake cases for these since they seemed more candy-bar-ish than regular paper ones and I topped them off with the minis Reese's.  After doing a few, I decided it looked better to cut the Reese's in half, so the rest of them followed suite.  No matter how cute the minis Reese's are, the real star of this show was the peanut butter buttercream. It was so light and creamy and full-flavored, without being overwhelming.  I received many compliments on these from everyone who tried them and almost everyone commented on the icing.  Definitely a fun recipe to keep on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment