Thursday, January 31, 2013

Carmel Apple Sugar Cookies (could it get any better?)

The next few posts are going to be very cookie-heavy.  To start, I tried a Pinterest recipe and this one was a total success (unlike a few others I've tried... but that's for another time).

Basically, you use powdered apple cider mix to flavor a sugar cookie recipe, wrap it around a soft caramel candy, and bake.  The only thing I changed from the original recipe, was to cut the caramels in half.  Using the whole ones got really messy and resulted in enormous cookies.  And just a note- the part about allowing them to cool upside down should not be ignored.  I tried it with a few just to see and the cookie ends up looking very sunken.

I also highly recommend warming them over a hot drink as the author suggests.  Unless you eat them all warm off the baking sheet- I wouldn't judge if it happened!


No comments:

Post a Comment