Thursday, January 31, 2013

Georgia Peach Pound Cake

I made this pound cake with the same batch of peaches that I bought for the peach cobblers that I made.  They were a bigger success than the cobbler was a flop!  I couldn't believe how well they turned out in every way.

It was super dense and sweet, cut like a dream, and kept for almost a week.  The outside was coated in sugar and it added a great little crunch to it.

The only thing I would give caution about is greasing the pans before coating them in sugar.  I did a moderate coat of baking spray, but since the sugar partially melts while baking, it got very stuck in some places.  I will definitely be using shortening next time to get a good all-over coat.

Chris and I ate the loaves ourselves, so I can't give any objective positive testimonial, but we loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment