Thursday, October 20, 2011

Simple Chocolate cake

The weekend after I moved into my new apartment, Chris and I had my parents over for dinner as a thank you for helping with the move.  I figured if we were having dinner then dessert was a must.  I seem to be in a cake rut lately, so cake it was.  Both my parents like chocolate, so I made a chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese icing.

 The icing has cocoa powder and shaved chocolate in it.  I also put chocolate chips as a boarder along the edge of the cake.  I'm in the process of using up all the extra decorations I have left over from my cake courses, so I had my pick of gum paste and fondant flowers.  In the end, I didn't feel like getting out any butter cream to make leaves or vines or anything else that would go with a bunch of flowers, so I stuck a daisy on it and called it good.  Not an amazingly spectacular cake (and not very good lighting for the pictures) but it tasted good and worked for a short order desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment