Sunday, April 24, 2011

Who needs a birthday cake when you have an Oreo Cheesecake?

Chris doesn't like cake, so most celebrations for us have been with cheesecake or pie.  I think this recipe is from a Philadelphia Cream Cheese package, but I don't know if the person who posted it made any changes themselves (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-PHILLY-OREO-Cheesecake/Detail.aspx).  Despite this being the second try, it still had some flaws to work out.  The first time I made it, it was definitely overdone on the edges and not cooked in the center. This time I tried lowering the cooking temperature, which seemed to help a little.  The edges were still slightly overdone and the center was just barely set, but most of the pie was a very nice texture.  

I like a couple of things about this recipe a lot.  The bottom is a crumble crust made from Oreos.  I was surprised how well it held together when cut.  The Oreos sticking out of the pie look really cool- at first I was worried that they would dry out when baked and add an odd texture, but they stayed on the softer side.  It was definitely not something that could sit in the fridge for a few days though- it just wasn't the same even the next day.

Either way, Chris enjoyed it.   


No comments:

Post a Comment