Wednesday, July 18, 2012

White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

I had both white chocolate chips and raspberries left over from making the latest cheesecake, and so I decided to put them to good use when I found myself wanting muffins one morning.  Basically I used a blueberry muffin recipe, substituted the berries, and added the chips.

These muffins tasted great!  We tried them both fresh out of the oven and cold over the following few days.  Not the healthiest breakfast choice, but definitely delicious.

The only thing that slightly turned me off about them was the color the raspberries took on while baking- a deep purple-green bruised hue.  I'm not sure if it was because I used frozen berries or if it was simply because they weren't loaded with preservatives, but either way it's not going to stop me from trying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment