Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sugar Cookies with Champagne Icing


After my last cake I had a lot of champagne icing leftover so I decided to make some sugar cookies to frost. 

Possibly my favorite cookies in the world are the frosted soft sugar cookies from Cub (I'm sure every grocery store has them). The recipe I used for the cookies was wonderful- exactly what I had in mind and with the champagne icing a definite rival for my favorite.

After having so much trouble with icing consistency the last time I used it, I added almost a cup of powdered sugar and a tablespoon or meringue powder. This time it worked great! It was easy to spread and it set up nicely so I could stack the cookies without getting hard.

I added some pink sugar sprinkles for fun! This was the first treat I brought to my new co-workers and they were definitely a success.  Plus I think everyone gets a kick out of having champagne in their icing, despite that it's a nominal amount ; ).


No comments:

Post a Comment