Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Bagels

After my recent trial with donuts I felt it was necessary to try another, healthier, breakfast item.  This time I tried bagels (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-bagels/detail.aspx) and they turned out great!! There wasn't anything about the process or basic recipe that I needed to change.

I used a small round cookie cutter to cut the centers out- a few comments on the page noted that the holes were likely to close when you used the recipe method since the original hole was so small.  It seemed to work just fine. 

I was sort of confused by the boiling part of this process (you boil the bagels, and then bake them).  The directions said to put them into boiling water and remove them when they floated. My floated as soon as they were in the pot, so I gave them a minute on each side before removing them.

I ended up dipping the tops in cinnamon sugar, which was not part of the recipe.  They were delicious, but next time I will be adding the cinnamon sugar after they are baked so it doesn't turn to syrup and then crust during the baking process.












No comments:

Post a Comment