Thursday, November 17, 2011

Kitty Cake

I made this cake for a friend's birthday.  As with all my cakes, I still need some work on my writing, but overall I really thought this cake turned out cute.

It's a red velvet cake with a cream cheese filling, chocolate butter cream, and fondant details.

The cake itself is made of two 8 inch rounds.  I torted the body and frosted it.  For the head, tail, and ears, I traced a 6 inch circle onto the 8 inch cake (an arc of the circumferences lined up so that a crescent shape and a smaller circle were made from one large circle if that helps with visualization).  The circle became the head and the crescent became the tail and ears. 

The whole thing just fit on a 14inch cake board and I had to transport it in a moving box, but it got to its destination in one piece and everyone seemed to enjoy it!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment